Happy first day of Fall! This is my favorite time of year by far! I wanted to go ahead and share with ya’ll all of my favorite recipes I make when Fall rolls around. There’s nothing better than cozying up with a bowl of comfort food this time of year. Here are 12 cozy recipes to make this Fall – from dinner staples and festive cocktails to game day snacks and Fall baked goods, this list has it all! Stay tuned for more cozy recipes coming out in the upcoming months!
1. Savory Stuffed Pumpkins – Nothing screams Fall more than this recipe! I love making these around halloween when the grocery stores are overflowing with pumpkins. French baguette, gruyere, and sausage…I mean come on!
2. Belgian Waffles with Cinnamon Apples – Cinnamon + apples is such a Fall staple for me and when you add that to a fluffy Belgian waffle it’s a match made in heaven!
3. Pumpkin Banana Bread – I always seem to have two or three bananas in my kitchen that are overripe. So what’s the best solution for that? BANANA BREAD!! This time of year I love adding in pumpkin and other spices to make it festive.
4. Lamb and Butternut Squash Curry – This is my ultimate favorite cozy recipe. I have been making this every Fall for several years now. It makes me happy just thinking about it! If you’re not a huge lamb fan, these could easily be swapped out with slow braised beef instead, or vegetarian if you like!
5. Reuben Sliders – Okay, I had to throw a football recipe in here didn’t I?! These reuben sliders are what I dream about when a big game day comes around. Don’t judge, the game is mainly on the TV just so I have an excuse to eat these!
6. French Onion Pot Roast with Creamy Polenta – When I think of comfort food, THIS is what I want. The combo of the creamy polenta mixed with the melt-in-you-mouth pot roast and onions is too good for words.
7. Moroccan Butternut Squash Soup – I can eat soup all year round, but during the Fall it’s an excuse to make it multiple times a week! This Moroccan butternut squash soup is on a constant rotation in our house.
8. Roasted Autumn Salad – This is one of my favorite sheet pan dinners that I can easily meal prep for lunches the rest of the week! I love the candied pecans and goat cheese mixed with the roasted veggies!
9. Coq Au Vin with Red Mashed Potatoes – Tender chicken is nestled in a sauce made with butter, shallot, red wine, garlic, bacon and a splash of cognac in perfect bliss. If you’re anything like me you can eat a giant bowl of just mashed potatoes by themselves, so adding amazing chicken on top makes it even better!
10. Caramelized Beef Ramen with Roasted Miso Squash – I made this one Halloween a couple of years ago! You know when you’re an adult when you would rather stay home and make ramen and watch scary movies then go out for the night!
11. Spiced Apple Cider Mules – These will definitely warm you up on a chilly Fall night! These mules are a festive concoction of hard apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon whiskey, and bourbon!
12. Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate – Bourbon, pumpkin, white chocolate, enough said!
I hope you guys try one of these 12 cozy recipes to make this Fall! Let me know what some of your other favorite recipes and I would love to make them this season!