HAPPY HUMP DAYYY!
We’re halfway there, don’t give up on me yet! Does anyone else have any fun weekend plans coming up? We are heading up to Bend on Friday to have a cabin weekend with friends – SO EXCITED! Cozying up in the cutest cabin, cooking good food, drinking copious amounts of Shipyard Pumpkin Ale, roasting marshmallows by the fire, and hanging with great friends sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Plus! It’s Friday the 13th in October…spoooky.
If you’re like us and going to be fueling your bodies with pumpkin beers and s’mores this weekend, then you probably will need a healthy, nutrient packed meal for tonight! Thomas and I have made this roasted autumn salad three weeks in a row now.
It’s shockingly good for how simple it is. Roasted beets, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, onion, candied pecans, goat cheese, and a honey mustard dressing married together in perfect autumn matrimony. Are you picking up what I’m putting down here?
It’s a lot of chop chop chopping, but once you pop it in the oven, you can go on your merry way and do whatever else you need to do while it’s cooking. Prepare for roasted-smelly-goodness!
Autumn Roasted Salad
– 2 sweet potatoes, diced into cubes
– 3 medium sized beets, peeled and diced into cubes
– 16 oz of Brussel sprouts, sliced in half
– 1 small onion, thinly sliced
– 5 oz of candied pecans,
– crumbled goat cheese
– olive oil for roasting
– salt & pepper for taste
– mix equal parts of:
dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, and honey.
We usually only make a little of this, I would say 3 tablespoons of each, but if you want a jar to keep in your fridge, I would mix 1/3 cup dijon, 1/3 cup whole grain mustard, and 1/3 cup honey.
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Spread the diced sweet potato, beets, brussels, and onions on baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until veggies are browned, stirring occasionally, about 25-30 minutes.
3) Once the veggies are done, put into bowls and top with pecans, crumbled goat cheese, and drizzle with honey mustard.