Do you ever have one of those days? That’s rhetorical because I know you all do. The kind of day where nothing particularly bad happens, but somehow everything at work takes just a little bit longer, traffic is just is a little bit slower, and things just generally are slightly more annoying all day long. Then after work you circle your neighborhood for 35 solid minutes looking for a parking spot because of a Timber’s game, and by the time you find one you then proceed to scrape a little paint off of your fender because you tried to squeeze into a spot with your SUV that was meant for a smart car….
Well, that was my day.
We all have those days during the week occasionally, and something that gives me comfort is knowing that I can come home, hang out with Thomas, break open a bottle of wine, relax a little, and make a good meal together.
On hectic days when we don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, salmon is on the menu. It’s our favorite – plus so quick and easy to make! Bake it, caramelize it, sear it – whatever your heart beckons.
This meal is healthy, filling, easy-to-make, and freaking delicious. What more could you want?! I plan on posting a bunch of other salmon recipes that I love one day, but this one is the most basic of the basic and a staple that we cook in our house weekly! AND THE CREAMY LEMON DILL SAUCE??!!! It’s lemony dill bliss that I cannot imagine living without.
For sides we always do roasted brussel sprouts, an arugula salad, or any other veggies that we have hanging out in our fridge. For the brussel sprouts in this recipe, trim the ends, slice them in half, toss on a sheet pan with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and roast on 350 degrees, tossing occasionally, until they are slightly tender with crispy edges.
Seared Salmon with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
– 1 large side of salmon, bones removed
– 1 lemon thinly sliced
– salt & pepper to taste
Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
– 1/2 cup (64g) of sour cream or greek yogurt
– quarter of a lemon, juiced
– 1-2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
– 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
– salt to taste
What to do:
1) Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Sear your salmon skin-side down until the salmon is 2/3 of the way cooked. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. In it’s last stages of cooking, throw your sliced lemon slices in the pan and let them brown on both sides. The salmon is done when it easily flakes off with a fork. Be careful not to overcook!
2) While the salmon is searing, mix up your sauce. Combine the sour cream, lemon juice, fresh chopped dill, 1 clove of garlic, and a sprinkle of salt. Incorporate together and adjust the seasoning to your liking by either adding another clove of garlic, lemon juice, dill, or salt.
WOW! This meal looks perfect. So yummy.
this looks so good. i was about to make tacos, but this seems easy and delicious!
Ooh, tacos sound so good right now! We usually have taco night on Fridays 🙂 Salmon is definitely less fuss and super quick!
I love cooking salmon on days like that too. So simple, but so delicious! The dill sauce looks like a great addition!
I could eat salmon three times a day and not get tired of it! Simple preparations like this are the best too – they let the natural flavor shine.