With Irma barreling through Florida heading towards my fam and the fires here in Oregon it’s a little bit of a somber Sunday. Thomas and I were just home for my Dad’s birthday and Labor Day where we spent the weekend fishing and frying up our catch and enjoying our time with family. Here’s the post from last year when I made the same trip home. I wish I could be back right now and having a hurricane party with everyone – but I have faith that Irma will politely scooch her ass past Central Florida and be on her merry way.
I hope you all are having a happy and safe week! We could all use a little comfort, so here’s all the latest and greatest articles and recipes getting me through the week.
- An anonymous woman’s act of kindness to 25 firefighters goes viral. More of this kind of selflessness please.
- This Creamy Sausage Pasta with Kale & Burrata is calling my name.
- Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup with no dairy?! Comfort food without the guilt!
- We could escape the fires and hurricanes to one of these spots. Ya down?
- Apple Cider Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. IT’S ALMOST FALL YA’LL!
- A little Sunday quote inspo for you.
- Bring on all the wine braised meats. This one with mushrooms looks SO GOOD.
- These Blood Orange Whiskey Negroni’s would definitely be a part of my hurricane Irma party