It’s been a hot minute since I’ve shared anything with you so I wanted to give a little life update. We are t-minus 26 days until the big day! We’ve been busy bees trying to get last minute things done like final alterations, buying gifts, choosing cocktails, fixing the seating chart, preparing speeches and the list goes on…but it’s been so fun! I’m so incredibly excited for the day to finally get here when I get to marry the greatest person in the world in front of everyone we love. And to top it off, we jet off to Bali right after the wedding for two weeks for our honeymoon! It can’t get here soon enough!
I know there’s no excuse for my lack of blogging, but between work and wedding planning we also went to the Dominican Republic two weeks ago with my work which was so great to disconnect for a bit and escape the cold Portland weather. We soaked up the sun, drank a lot of presidente on the beach, rode ATV’s through the jungle, and of course we ate A LOT. Have you guys tried Mama Juana?! ¡Ay, caramba! It’s a Dominican Republic liquor that is concocted by allowing rum, red wine, and honey to soak in a bottle with tree bark and herbs. The first night we got a little ahead of ourselves – no more Mama J for me!
In other news, THOMAS ALSO TURNED 30! We threw him a surprise party in the Dominican a few days before, and on his real birthday I made a cozy meal at home with a scallop and fennel salad, slow braised lamb shanks, Israeli couscous and roasted tomato salad, and roasted sweet potatoes with yogurt and cilantro-chile sauce. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this next decade of our lives – I have a feeling that a lot of good things are coming our way!
The next 26 days are going to be a whirlwind I’m sure, but I’m going to try and soak it all in and relish in the moment as much as possible. I can’t wait to share our wedding and our adventures in Bali with you!
NOW FINALLY TO THESE GLORIOUS FLOURLESS FUDGY-AS-HELL BROWNIE COOKIES. In these days leading up to the wedding, we’ve been trying to workout, eat healthy, and not eat any refined sugar, but these cookies were calling our name on Sunday. They were SO good that I had to share them. I’m not the best baker, but I’m working on it! I always add too much freaking flour and my cookies end up like little puffy hockey pucks. But those days are gone folks because I’ve discovered FLOURLESS COOKIES. They are the bomb.com and answer all of my cookie prayers.
Talk to you guys soon! I’ll make sure I write at least one or two more posts as a Harper before I become a Knudsen 🙂
Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 6 tablespoons butter
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
– 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (optional)
– Flaky sea salt for topping
What to do
- Combine the sugars and butter in a microwavable bowl (or in a pot on the stove). Heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and beat well with a hand mixer.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat with hand mixer for two minutes (this, along with melting the butter and sugar, helps create a crackly crust on top of the cookies).
- Stir together the cocoa and salt and add them to the batter. Beat for another 30 seconds.
- Fold in the chips and nuts. The batter maybe be thin. Allow the batter to rest while you preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. The batter should thicken as it rests.
- When the batter is scoopable (but still very sticky), scoop by about 3 tablespoons full onto pan
- Bake cookies for about 9-12 minutes. When they come out of the oven, you can press a few more chocolate chunks into the tops of the cookies.