FALL IS HERE!!! Sorry to scream that at you, but I am so excited! Anyone who knows me knows that Halloween is my thing – but it’s also so much more than that. I love the crisp mornings and chilly evenings, the beautiful leaves saying goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall, making cozy meals at home, and yes, watching lots of scary movies and Hocus Pocus at least 3 times in true Halloween spirit. I have been researching everything I want to do on the blog for this month so i’m giddy with excitement at the thought of LOTS of pumpkin. Basic maybe, but you know you love it 😉
In love with these decked out houses for Fall/Halloween
Thomas and I were house/dog sitting for our friends who were on their honeymoon, and it made me even more excited to buy our own house! The next place we settle we will definitely buy and I am SO READY. I love all of these cute Fall/Halloween decor ideas!
– chic not cheesy
– these fall front porches
– Halloween dinner party decor
– minimal fall mantles
Cozy meals we’re making this month
Last week was the first week that I felt was cool enough to start making all of my fall favorites. We made my favorite lamb and butternut squash curry which I am putting on the blog this week! Here are some of the other recipes already on my mind:
– wine braised beef with parsnip puree is one of my favorites!
– steel cut oat risotto with butternut squash is the best comfort food
– roasted autumn salad is the best quick weeknight meal!
– butternut squash and black bean enchiladas
Fall cocktail game is strong
– Boozy pumpkin hot chocolate
– Aperol pear cider spritz
– this apple-groni sounds amazing!
– apple cider bourbon cocktail
– I love a good sangria – this autumn version looks amazing!
Fall Staples I have my eye on
– I really want a cool hat like this one!
– a cute mustard colored sweater
– I need a new jean jacket for layering and when it’s not too cold out.
– Always in need of an oversized sweater