How was your weekend?! I felt like it’s already been such a long weekend which is always nice. I went to my neighborhood coffee shop Valor in downtown Alpharetta (with the cutest pink tables) this morning and prepped for the week ahead. Sometimes I’m such a procrastinator but lately it’s felt good getting things done on Sunday so I’m not in such a panic on Monday morning. Work from home has been adjustment but now I feel like I’m finally in my groove and love it so much! I’ve discovered some things that I have helped me so far!
– Having a morning routine is so important. Before I was waking up and immediately scrolling through emails, instagram, news, and consuming as much info as possible the second my eyes popped open. Not good. I realized it was adding more chaos to my day instead of taking some time for myself. Now, I don’t even look at my phone until 7:30. I get up, use the ice roller on my face, diffuse essential oils, get dressed and ready for the day, and make coffee. I would love to start reading a couple pages of a business book or writing a few lines in a journal every morning, but baby steps!
– separate your work and living space even if you’re in an apartment without an office. Don’t sit on your bed or couch all day and work – try and find a place that you can set up your computer and leave it. I normally do my morning call on the couch and then I perch the rest of the day at our counter in the kitchen which makes me feel a little more organized then sitting on the couch all day.
-Move your body! Whether that’s a workout first thing in the morning, mid-day or after work it’s helped me so much to sweat every day. Even 15 minute walks are helpful to clear your mind. I have been working out during the lunch hour on weekdays and I love how it’s broken up my day!
As you can see…I workout for noods 😉 Just kidding, but since I do love to splurge a little on the weekends I thought I would share my weekly wellness routine that I’ve been loving which makes me feel like I can enjoy weekends even more!
– For workouts I have been doing the challenges a lot on the Sweat app – I love the equipment free challenge! It’s 27 exercises back to back like sit-ups, burpees, lunges, etc. never repeating, which I like since so it’s not so redundant. I also love the instagram workouts that @rachaelsgoodeats posts or @caraloren. Killer leg workouts!
– My AirPods have also been a game changer for me! Both working from home and taking a lot of calls + using them on runs and in the gym. No more messing with cords!
– Intermittent fasting – This is something I’m fairly new to and only a month in doing it but I really like it so far. Just Monday thru Friday I’m doing 16 and 8 where you fast for 16 hours and then have an 8 hour eating window. It’s helped me cut out cream and sugar in my coffee in the morning and now I love black coffee which is surprising! I have been breaking my fast with just a little cup of bone broth and then I can eat whatever I want for 8 hours, still eating clean though! Plus being done with dinner by 8 every night makes me feel not overly full and sluggish by the time we go to bed.
– Essential oils! Whether it’s a placebo or really working I have been loving my young living essential oils! I diffuse peppermint oil in the morning or night time, I use lemon oil or the grapefruit vitality drops in my water, and I use the stress free roll-on when I feel anxious or stress building. I also use the DiGize vitality oil which is a godsend for nausea or bloating.
What’s been cooking
– I made this spicy seafood miso ramen by the Defined Dish over the weekend! I added in a crab paste I found at the farmers market and some Thai chili’s I had hanging out in the fridge!
– for an easy weeknight meal that I had for leftovers I made lentil pasta with my favorite roasted red pepper sauce! Add some roasted broccoli with a little lemon squeezed on top!
– we got a Detroit style pizza pan that I am SO excited to use. Tonight we are making a spicy salami Detroit style pizza with honey which is inspired from one of my favorite pizzas in Portland at Oven and Shaker!
Reading and watching
Okay I got a new book! Heartburn by Nora Ephron, so different from my murdery dramas. There’s food, feminism, laughs and tears so far… I’ll give more of the rundown after I finish! Nora also wrote the screenplays for Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve got Mail, and Julie & Julia – literally all my faves. And because I started reading the book we watched Sleepless in Seattle last night which just came out on Netflix. Of course I cried at the end when Tom and Meg meet at the top of the Empire State Building.
All my winos
Have you heard of Bright Cellars? It’s so fun! You do a quiz to find out your taste and then they send you custom bottles to match! you get 4 bottles a month and it’s $50 off your first box which is a steal. I don’t know how long I’ll do it for but I’ve loved the wine I’ve gotten so far. My last box had Jetbird Pino Noir and it was amazing! You can always easily cancel your membership if you don’t like it!
I love to read your blogs and recipes
Thanks Carol! I appreciate you always following along!
Thanks so much for sharing this. Look the pink tables and your noodles look amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.