For the Portlandians reading this, are you sad the snow didn’t come?! I mean the BIG SNOW – the “snowpocalypse”. The city was in a frenzy Friday when the forecast said we were getting 15+ inches, myself included! I was so excited to get out in the closed down streets and finally play in the snow come Saturday. We hopped across the street to Trader Joes Friday night to get everything to make lasagna and it was literally like the scene from Jumanji. You know the scene where the monkeys are throwing paint cans and the canoe goes shooting through the store? People were in a panic and had SWIPED the shelves clean, I couldn’t believe it! There wasn’t a can of beans or mere onion left in the joint. Come Saturday we woke up expecting our apartment to be enveloped in a winter wonderland – yet the branches were barely dusted with snow 🙄 The sun was shining and it was a beautiful weekend nonetheless! At least the folks who stocked up for the ‘lypse won’t have to buy groceries for the next 6 months 😆
I just started Girl, Wash Your Face! I’m only two chapters in and I already love it. Rachel Hollis is absolutely hilarious and inspiring. Every page I read it makes me more and more motivated to make changes to reach my goals!
Reading this article on Savannah, GA makes me want to visit there even more! I still can’t believe I haven’t been there yet!
Nothing like a good rom com 🙂 In our impending snowstorm on Friday we watched As good as it gets! I love a good jack nicholson flick.
For the last few days we have been watching One Strange Rock on Netflix with Will Smith as the narrator. It is so freaking amazing! It’s incredible how our planet works and how magnificent it truly is. This is definitely not a boring science show ya’ll – it’s worth a watch!
Thomas finally got me to watch a James Bond movie! It’s not that I was ever opposed to them, but I feel like it’s kind of like Star Wars, if you start one than you have to watch them all and that just seems like too large of a feat at this point in time lol. We watched From Russia with Love with a young Sean Connery (cue the Sean Connery Jeopardy skit from SNL 😂)
– We made cast iron lasagna in our dutch oven! The best rich meat sauce, béchamel, and lots of layers! The cast iron sides makes it almost caramelized and crispy in some spots – SO GOOD! Putting the recipe on the blog next week.
– for breakfast we made Turkish eggs! I’m going to also post this to the blog as well soon since It’s becoming one of our faves. Pita bread topped with a lemony yogurt, poached eggs, a spiced chickpea and walnut mixture in a buttery sauce, and then topped with fresh dill.
– leftover lasag for lunch because duhhh
– smoothie bowls for dinner because we were so full from lasagna lol – Here’s our go-to favorite açaí smoothie bowl!
– breakfast was leftover risotto from last week with a fried egg on top! Because Sundays mean fridge cleaning day.
– I did a Valentine’s Day cheese board shoot for the blog, so I ate my weight in cheese and fig jam for lunch.
– For din I made a variation of HBH’s sheet pan chicken shawarma bowls. SO good! I love the combo of hummus, spicy chicken and cucumbers!
Have a great week friends!